There are three ways for partners to create Tailored Audiences.
Please note that you cannot exclude lookalike tailored audiences from targeting. Additionally, you cannot target both a tailored audience and a tailored audience lookalike on the same ad line item (ad group).
Audiences can be managed via audience partners and Ads API partners. We offer a series of endpoints in the API to access and maintain tailored audiences.
For tailored audience information, we offer 2 endpoints:
For tailored audience CRM management, there is a multi-step approach that involves uploading the audience list and then calling another API endpoint to affect an action with that uploaded data (see Tailored Audience File Data). There are several endpoints that enable this.
- Generate an audience list file, using the data hashing and normalization outlined in Tailored Audience File Data.
- Upload the audience list using the TON API. Please use the bucket name
- Create a new placeholder audience with the POST accounts/:account_id/tailored_audiences endpoint.
- Change an audience by adding, replacing or deleting records based on an uploaded audience file using the POST accounts/:account_id/tailored_audience_changes endpoint.
- Checking the status of changes can be accomplished with the GET accounts/:account_id/tailored_audience_changes and GET accounts/:account_id/tailored_audience_changes/:id endpoints.
- An audience may be deleted using the DELETE accounts/:account_id/tailored_audiences/:id endpoint.
- Finally, advertisers can maintain a global opt out list that spans all of their audiences by using our PUT accounts/:account_id/tailored_audiences/global_opt_out endpoint.
Generally speaking audience changes are processed in batches that run every 6-8 hours. While an audience change is processing the existing audience to be updated is unaffected. We do not recommend making more than one update for additions and one update for removals per audience within this timeframe.
An audience can only be targeted if it matches at least 500 users active within the past 30 days on Twitter-owned and -operated clients. GET accounts/:account_id/tailored_audience_changes/:id will indicate if an audience may not be targeted because it matches too few users.
Real-time audiences allows partners or advertisers to update their audience memberships in near real time which allows for quicker targeting enablement. Please see the Real-Time Audience API Integration Guide for more details.
We offer a standard cookie matching process when working with MPP audience partners to identify segments to target against media buying on Twitter.
How it works?¶
Audience or API partners provide a list of hashed identifies and Twitter performs a match and produces segments that are made available against media buying on Twitter.
How it works?¶
Flexible audiences give advertisers the ability to build and save audience combinations based on existing tailored audiences or subsets of existing tailored audiences. Subsets of a tailored audience’s members can be targeted based on the recency and frequency of interaction.