I can't post new tweets!

drivankipling
@drivankipling dgrice

Suddenly yesterday evening the 'tweet' button became grayed out! As a result I can no longer post new tweets! I can retweet tweets from others but cannot post my own. I need someone to assist me in fixing this please.

1 year 25 weeks ago

Replies

MarkFeagins1
@MarkFeagins1 Mark Feagins

me too... I cannot tweet or REPLY. The window appears but the tweet button is not "blue".

1 year 25 weeks ago
Wezbiaan
@Wezbiaan Wezbiaan☮

just uninstall and clear all cookies on google chrome, then reinstall, it fixed for mine:')

1 year 16 weeks ago
UnuPower
@UnuPower UNU POWER

CANT USE TWITTER ?
CHROME & AVG users apply following:
- Customize and Control Google Chrome
- Tools
- Extensions
- AVG Secure Search (You Can Leave Enabled)
- AVG DoNotTrackOptions
- Remove Tick from "TwitterButton" found in the list
- Save
Happy Holidays & Prosperous New Year

1 year 16 weeks ago
ARainbowGirl96
@ARainbowGirl96 Alice Lynn Ledge

I have a lot of tweets there but I should try again later on

15 weeks 3 days ago
drivankipling
@drivankipling dgrice

This is exactly what I'm experiencing. The button's gone from 'blue' to being grayed out. Odd thing is I can still retweet tweets from others but can't post my own new tweets.I've contacted Twitter by email twice telling them what the issue is. Both times I've received a repsonse listing possible fixes for everything BUT the problem I(well we I guess)are having lol.

1 year 25 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Please contact support if you're experiencing trouble like this. No one can help you out here, unfortunately.

How do I get support for my account, the Twitter website, or Twitter for my mobile device?

The Twitter Help Center is the ideal location for getting support with your Twitter account, the Twitter website, or Twitter for your mobile device. If you have feature requests, ideas, or complaints about the Twitter service, you should direct them via DM to @support or use the forms available to you on the Help Center. We can't help with general product support issues on dev.twitter.com.

1 year 25 weeks ago
BrieHafer
@BrieHafer Brie Hafer

How you can post new tweets when this happens is type in the stuff u want then click on the camera button pick a random photo and your tweet button should appear blue. Just press the x on the top corner of the photo and then ur tweet is posted. your welcome

1 year 25 weeks ago
amalum
@amalum Amanda Lumley

Brie, thanks so much for that tip. I tried it and it worked. I feel like I've had my gag removed!!
Now, 45min later, it's not working again, so now it looks like, every time I want to tweet, I'll have to upload & then delete a photo!!!!

1 year 25 weeks ago
salemkatt
@salemkatt Sue Davis

same thing happening to me! did you ever get a permanent fix?somebody plz contact me on twitter with the fix.

39 weeks 6 days ago
drivankipling
@drivankipling dgrice

I've contacted support twice! They've been of no help at all as of this writting.

1 year 25 weeks ago
drivankipling
@drivankipling dgrice

But I thank you @episod for the advice/suggestion just the same.

1 year 25 weeks ago
amalum
@amalum Amanda Lumley

I was going to DM @support, but that is the problem....I can't send tweets as the button is grey instead of blue!

1 year 25 weeks ago
mifo16
@mifo16 mi fo

i have the same problem,cannot post new tweets,but i can reply.I alerted support a while ago.

1 year 25 weeks ago
JimEdmiston
@JimEdmiston Jim Edmiston

I can't tweet because the TWEET button is not live. I see others have the same problem.

1 year 25 weeks ago
sufc4ever
@sufc4ever leghc

problem now been nearly 24hrs - get it sorted out please support

1 year 25 weeks ago
nightfalltwen
@nightfalltwen Kimberley

I was having the same problem. Randomly I decided to disable adblock plus on twitter.com and it fixed it for me. That might help if you have adblock plus installed.

1 year 25 weeks ago
michaelcosner1
@michaelcosner1 Michael Cosner

@nightfalltwen How do you do that?

1 year 25 weeks ago
nightfalltwen
@nightfalltwen Kimberley

On firefox, if you have the addblock plus, its under tools > adblock plus > disable on twitter.com

1 year 25 weeks ago
michaelcosner1
@michaelcosner1 Michael Cosner

Thanks

1 year 25 weeks ago
tj_normandin
@tj_normandin Tyler Normandin

this sucks !!!! cant tweet im having the same problem that all yall have

1 year 25 weeks ago
mycatsmom
@mycatsmom Virginia Adams

I can't post a new tweet. This has been going on for about 4-5 days. The tweet box is grayed. I can reply to other tweets but can't initiate my own! This means I can't thank folks for following or favoriting me!

1 year 25 weeks ago
WTMarket
@WTMarket Willow Tree Market

CANNOT POST NEW TWEET AS BUTTON IS GREY NOT BLUE. CAN ONLY TWEET IF I REPLY TO A TWEET. VERY FRUSTRATING! NEED HELP IN THIS MATTER AND FAST. THANKS

1 year 25 weeks ago
MUMSONPROZAC
@MUMSONPROZAC Mums On Prozac

CANNOT POST NEW TWEET AS BUTTON IS GREY NOT BLUE. CAN ONLY TWEET IF I REPLY TO A TWEET. VERY FRUSTRATING! NEED HELP IN THIS MATTER AND FAST. THANKS.

1 year 25 weeks ago
LeJennifleur
@LeJennifleur Jenny Collins

Mine's been exactly the same for around 3-4 days now. I can still tweet to others and retweet/favourite, but I can't compose my own tweets as the button's greyed out.

1 year 25 weeks ago
amalum
@amalum Amanda Lumley

3 days now with the grey tweet button problem. Can reply, retweet, etc though. Maybe we'll all have to post our new tweets here instead! :-)

1 year 25 weeks ago
ProudDobrevic
@ProudDobrevic Team Elena

It's been a few days now so how come we still can't get some answers about this. Also it seems more people are starting to have the same problem so c'mon. I wouldn't mind if at least we could know what's going on.

1 year 25 weeks ago
drivankipling
@drivankipling dgrice

ProudDobrevic's right! This might not frustrate me as much if we at least knew what was going on here or if someone from support would address the problem!
I found yesterday that I was able to briefly tweet using Chrome.Once I logged off&back on again I wasn't able to use Chrome to tweet either!!As of last night I was able to tweet using Firefox.I'm no expert but isn't it odd that the tweet button's grayed out on IE8&Chrome???A word or two from Twitter support would be nice!! :(

1 year 25 weeks ago
I_IsEricParadis
@I_IsEricParadis Eric Paradis

When this is figured out someone please contact me in some way. I can't do anything. Cant retweet reply tweet or even change my profile or even sign out!!! TWITTER FIX THIS BEFORE I QUIT THIS

1 year 25 weeks ago
HeadMooreSchool
@HeadMooreSchool Jan MacDonald

Thank you so much. Trick with loading a picture and then deleting it brought life back to the Tweet button and now I'm up and running again. Hope it works for others.

1 year 25 weeks ago
I_IsEricParadis
@I_IsEricParadis Eric Paradis

what did you do?

1 year 25 weeks ago
amalum
@amalum Amanda Lumley

You write your tweet, upload a random photo and the tweet button should turn blue, then delete the photo before you send your tweet. This has been working for me, but it's a bit inconvenient keep having to upload photos!

1 year 25 weeks ago
Crimesquadcom
@Crimesquadcom Crimesquad.com

Exact same happened to me. Can't tweet as box always gray, not blue. Tried the photo thing but didn't work. Anyone had any success?

1 year 25 weeks ago
Crimesquadcom
@Crimesquadcom Crimesquad.com

Just did the photo thing a third time and it worked. Did it again and didn't work then again and that time it did work! So Twitter still v temperamental.

1 year 25 weeks ago
Ellen_Timmer
@Ellen_Timmer Ellen Timmer

Same problem for me: I can not post any tweets anymore.
Why does Twitter not have a solution a.s.a.p.? Many people having problems, no solution available.
TWITTER DO SOMETHING!

1 year 25 weeks ago
thebeachgurrrl
@thebeachgurrrl Madeline Rose

My tweet button isn't blue anymore, and I can't post anything! It still lets me retweet and favorite, but it's doesn't let me tweet AT ALL.

1 year 25 weeks ago
lesliesalls
@lesliesalls Leslie Salls

Mine is still grey. No resolve yet!

1 year 25 weeks ago
AmyFriedman3
@AmyFriedman3 Amy Friedman

I can't compose new tweets! When i click the Tweet button the 'Submit' button is greyed out. Lots of people are having this problem, is the whole Twitter site down or is it my computer? Can anyone help me?

1 year 25 weeks ago
robinustwiteric
@robinustwiteric Robin Banerjee

I can tweet from my laptop but not from my mobile app!

1 year 17 weeks ago
BvueTrans
@BvueTrans Bvue Transportation

I've been having this issue as well--for about a week. The upload a photo work-around works but I don't really want to have to upload a photo, delete, and then tweet. What's the deal?

1 year 24 weeks ago
BvueTrans
@BvueTrans Bvue Transportation

I'm using IE 8 on Windows 7, btw.

1 year 24 weeks ago
NatalieLydia
@NatalieLydia Natalie Liedman

This happened to me for a week. I finally just uploaded a photo and it finally turned blue. Delete the photo and you're a good to go! I'm so happy it works again!

1 year 24 weeks ago
TIMOTEUSTITUS
@TIMOTEUSTITUS YOUNG TITUS TIMOTEUS

YOUR ACCOUNT MAY NOT BE ALLOWED TO PERFORM THIS ACTION. PLEASE REFRESH THE PAVE AND TRY AGAIN. BUT ITS NOT REFRESHING WHEN I'M CLICKING THE REFRESH PAVE

1 year 22 weeks ago
imclytierica
@imclytierica Erica Gigantone

Why is it that I can't post my tweets, can't reply, can't view the trends, can't use the settings (shoot that...), can't fav, retweet and whatsoever! I'm so numb at twitter today! Good thing I'm using m.twitter even at computer. I'm able to do anything there. But this should be FIXED immediately! I can't keep on using m.twitter!
This sucks...I can't do anything on the main site...
PLS HELP...or better...DO SOMETHING!

1 year 22 weeks ago
Said_ahmed
@Said_ahmed Said

if you exceed the word limit which I think is around 140 words, the tweet button will be disabled or grey out. make sure you do not tweet more than the permitted words.

1 year 19 weeks ago
SewingGuild
@SewingGuild AmericanSewingGuild

We know THAT. I tried to tweet with just the word "test" and it failed to activate the Tweet button.

1 year 17 weeks ago
NickHaver
@NickHaver NickHaver

почему мои твиты,не публикуются в фейсбуке,хотя я с фейсбуком соединен??? Как решить эту проблему?

1 year 18 weeks ago
ToriMartinkovic

I'm having the same issue now. Nothing has worked so far, and this is really frustrating.

1 year 18 weeks ago
pkwy98
@pkwy98 lau car

I cant tweet or reply to tweets all of a sudden .How do I fix this

1 year 17 weeks ago
WWEManiaAxxess
@WWEManiaAxxess #1YearStrong

We are unable to tweet new items

1 year 17 weeks ago
PartnersBB
@PartnersBB PartnersBB

Same problem here. Tried everything. Can someone solve this problem for me, please?

1 year 17 weeks ago