Authorizing an @Anywhere domain does not save the domain?

DashpadApp
@DashpadApp Dashpad App

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to add the simple Tweet Box to my website (https://dev.twitter.com/docs/anywhere/tweet-box) but I always get the error after saying "Connect":

"Something is technically wrong."

I think that the problem might be due to the fact that I can't save the domain this is running on in the "@Anywhere domains". I click "Authorize" and it says it might take a few moments but it's been a few hours and it still hasn't added it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

2 years 33 weeks ago

Replies

episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Hi @dashpadapp

This isn't normal, but there are some accounts/apps that have some difficulty in saving these fields. If you want to follow up with me personally at episod@twitter.com with the API key you're using, the domain names you want added, and any other pertinent info I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks!

2 years 33 weeks ago
DashpadApp
@DashpadApp Dashpad App

Okay I just sent you an email.

2 years 33 weeks ago
DashpadApp
@DashpadApp Dashpad App

Just following up to see if the email went through. Thanks.

2 years 33 weeks ago
shouqiangli
@shouqiangli shouqiangli

I have the same problem too, could you help me, please? I have spent all day , it eventually accept my domain name, but it still display the "Something is technically wrong." message when I try to use it on my site.

2 years 29 weeks ago
AhmadNajiullah
@AhmadNajiullah أحمد

Same Problem to me,... @episod can you help me???

2 years 25 weeks ago
spunkyanil
@spunkyanil anil kumar reddy

Hi,

I am facing domain problem.The consumer key I am using is rPrgvTxsZBtTzXxFLOVrGg.The error I am facing is page not found.Thanks in advance.

11 weeks 3 days ago
shouqiangli
@shouqiangli shouqiangli

I have the same problem too, could you help me, please? I have spent all day , it eventually accept my domain name, but it still display the "Something is technically wrong." message when I try to use it on my site.

2 years 29 weeks ago
Lukewh
@Lukewh Luke Wesley-Holley

Seem to be having a similar problem - is there a maximum length of time the 'reflection' process should take?

2 years 27 weeks ago
AhmadNajiullah
@AhmadNajiullah أحمد

Same Problem to me,... @episod can you help me???

2 years 25 weeks ago
tttesterttt
@tttesterttt test er

Gee I'm not the only one :)

2 years 22 weeks ago
fake_or_dead
@fake_or_dead Piya Pakdeechaturun

same problems for me
it will be good if you could explain error and how to solve

2 years 20 weeks ago
gentle_media
@gentle_media Gentle Media

Yes, please guys... any news for those (including me) with the same problem??? It's been 15 weeks ago since this question is asked. Don't leave us in the dark here!

2 years 18 weeks ago
gentle_media
@gentle_media Gentle Media

Okay.. through some trial and error, I figured it out.

Make sure that you fill in only the domain and not a complete URL. Examples blow:
Thus not: http://www.domain.com or www.domain.com
But just: domain.com
It would be really helpful that the alert gives an error message when you've typed in an URL and doesn't say 'You've added succesfully bla, bla, bla".

Also make sure that you fill in on the settings page a callback URL which is obviously the URL of the website where you use the application. Otherwise the Twitter API can't redirect the user after a succesfull auhorication back to the website, because there is simply no callback URL defined.

I hope this helps anyone.

2 years 18 weeks ago
jcteo
@jcteo Juan Carlos Teofilo

for the callback URL you can leave this field blank. with @anywhere you can pass the callback url as a parameter.

twttr.anywhere.config({ callbackURL: "http://www.yourcallbackurl.com/" });

I have the same problem but the problem started when I update the image for my aplication and now i can't resolve that.

if someone find a solution I'll be grateful!

2 years 14 weeks ago
BEAT_DOWN
@BEAT_DOWN nikkidelmont

i changed the theme on my tumblr page and changed back now my twitter link says "this page does not exist there is something technically wrong we will fix soon" it's been about 10 hrs now, pls help....on that same error page when i hit home button on right top it brings me to my twitter page.

help, please:)

2 years 1 day ago
itsvipins
@itsvipins mahak choudhary

Finally Its working. and I posted the status on twitter. :)

26 weeks 3 days ago
RCAOLclubs
@RCAOLclubs RCAOL Function Rooms

I have this working for my main domain and 6 other domains under my @anywhere domains, but now I cant seem to add anymore @anywhere domains?

Is there a restriction on the number of @anywhere domains?

When I add a new domain I get the message "Your application's domains have been successfully updated.Note your changes may take a moment to reflect."
I have tried this periodically over the last 24 hours, but they dont show in the @ anywhere domain list and the tweets dont show on my website too??

17 weeks 6 days ago