m.twitter.com rendering instead of mobile.twitter.com - home can I manually choose?

LarsVonMars
@LarsVonMars Lars DeRuntz

m.twitter.com rendering instead of mobile.twitter.com - home can I manually choose?

Just the other day, I had the mobile.twitter.com rendering without a hitch, but now only m.twitter.com is rendering, AND I HAVE MADE NO CHANGES!

Is there a way I can manually switch between the two? Is there a way that won't be reading the web headers, where I can explicitly choose which site?

Thanks,
@LarsVonMars

2 years 33 weeks ago

Replies

LarsVonMars

User Agent is clearly not coming up as iPhone, so m.twitter.com is coming up.

2 years 33 weeks ago
LarsVonMars

I've change the User Agent and still, I get the m.twitter.com site and NOT the mobile.twitter.com

This worked fine the other night... Doesn't anyone have any clue what the @$%^ is going? No one reads this stuff on the weekends I guess. Maybe mobile.twitter.com is only good during the week?

2 years 33 weeks ago
theSeanCook
@theSeanCook Sean Cook

It's working on my end with the following simple example:

1. [self.webview loadRequest:[NSURLRequest requestWithURL:[NSURL URLWithString:@"http://mobile.twitter.com"]]];

If you are caching cookies manually (using NSCookieManager, etc., that could be the cause.

Few questions to help debug this:
Are you seeing this inside of a UIWebView, or a custom view?
What is the exact URL that you're pointing to?
What iOS SDK?

--@theSeanCook

2 years 33 weeks ago
LarsVonMars

mobile.twitter.com has returned!
It is a UIWebView. https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/ is what I have been going to. I am using Xcode 4.0.2 and iOS 4.3 SDK.
I even tried rewriting the User Agent, to ensure the appearance as iPhone, but that had no effect. I checked it against http://whatsmyuseragent.com/ to verify that the User Agent was being rewritten.

2 years 33 weeks ago
theSeanCook
@theSeanCook Sean Cook

Great. Let us know if you see this happen again.

--@theSeanCook

2 years 33 weeks ago
LarsVonMars

Its doing it again. The m.twitter.com site is coming up againin the web view, instead of the much nicer and easier to use mobile.twitter.com. I was using the private API setUserAgent to set the user agent to iPhone and have no problems, but now that I am putting an update in and had to remove that, its back to the m.twitter.com site.
I guess I will tinker the cookies, but I don't have any code regarding cookies in there now.
I just have a plain UIWebView in there, that I want mobile.twitter.com to come up in.

2 years 30 weeks ago
LarsVonMars

Randomly going back to m.twitter.com. Since I don't seem to have the ability to write the user agent and there is now way to go to mobile.twitter.com only. I think I am screwed. I haven't changed the app, but it has flipped back to m.twitter.com. This is frustrating.

2 years 30 weeks ago
Jangalala925
@Jangalala925 Jabulani Kubheka

Well it works for me!

1 year 49 weeks ago
jain01abhishek
@jain01abhishek Abhishek Jain

hey .. which namespace has method called mTwitter .. so that i can include in my android libs

example
int[] followers=mTwitter.getFollowersList();

1 year 45 weeks ago