Tweet callback function?

nyhtal
@nyhtal Alan

From what i can tell the only way you can get any kind of callback functionality from tweets is to use "intents". If you use the out of the box button creation there's no callback capabilities. If you use the "intents" approach you have to create your own custom button...which means you don't get the count (number of tweets).

intent click event binding
twttr.events.bind('click', function(event) {alert('twitter click');});

my question: is it true you there's no callback functionality for the out of the box tweet buttons?

my next question: when is this functionality going to be added?

2 years 30 weeks ago

Replies

episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

You can use Web Intents Events to track usage of the Tweet and Follow Button (in addition to the Web Intents). Just setup the event bindings the same way and they should trigger when events matching that class are triggered, regardless if they were initiated from a Web Intent or a Tweet Button/Follow Button.

2 years 30 weeks ago
nyhtal
@nyhtal Alan

Ok, yep - i can see this working in chrome and firefox but not IE (v9 is all i've tried). Is this a known issue or is there something i need to do for IE?

2 years 30 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

We may have a bug effecting some in IE at the moment but a fix should be shipped for that soon.

2 years 30 weeks ago
leeugene
@leeugene leeugene

hi taylor, is this fixed? can't seem to make it work in ie

2 years 12 weeks ago
nyhtal
@nyhtal Alan

any update on when this will be fixed? it's still not working in IE.

2 years 28 weeks ago
nyhtal
@nyhtal Alan

also, on a side note - is it possible to change the data-url when the user clicks the twitter button? specifically i want to dynamically generate a bit.ly Url when they click the tweet button.

2 years 28 weeks ago
ps730058
@ps730058 ps730058

The callback event and the window closing doesn't work on IE 8+ . Is it going to be fixed any time soon???

2 years 18 weeks ago
madebystable
@madebystable stable.

Also have a problem with the callback event not registering in IE (9 and compat)

2 years 17 weeks ago
lifesgoodgirl
@lifesgoodgirl Little Lorly

Experiencing the same in IE, tweet event is not fired.

1 year 41 weeks ago
ea_shopsocial
@ea_shopsocial Eugene

Same issue here. Callback is broken for IE

1 year 33 weeks ago