Profile banner image

inorganik
@inorganik Jamie

On this page, https://dev.twitter.com/docs/api/1.1/get/users/profile_banner the example result shows urls returned for different sizes, but there is no file type attached to the url - given that it could be png, jpg, gif, JPEG, etc, what should I use?

The page also mentions: "This method can be used instead of string manipulation on the profile_banner_url returned in user objects" - however I have yet to find a user object that returns "profile_banner_url". It doesn't exist in GET users/show, or at least not in the example JSON result. What user object does it get returned in?

Thanks for your help.

34 weeks 6 days ago

Replies

episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

The image data returned will be in PNG format (I've updated to docs to make that more clear).

Do the user objects you're requesting have a profile banner uploaded? I'm not seeing any issues getting the profile_banner_url when using users/show or users/lookup on users that have banners uploaded.

34 weeks 6 days ago
inorganik
@inorganik Jamie

Thanks - I'm just realizing that it only returns the 'profile_banner_url' when users have uploaded it. I probably should've guessed, but it might help to add that in the docs.

34 weeks 6 days ago