twitter icon does not show

shrijyotistar
@shrijyotistar ShriSource

pasted your html and javascript code into a web site and the twitter icon does not show under IE or FireFox latest versions. Tried various vcersions offered on your sites.

2 years 17 weeks ago

Replies

episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Which HTML and Javascript did you paste in? What kind of web site did you paste it into? What Twitter icon does not show?

2 years 17 weeks ago
shrijyotistar
  1. <a href="https://twitter.com/twitter" class="twitter-follow-button" data-show-count="false" data-lang="en">Follow @twitter</a>
  2. <script>!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");</script>

I tried some other versions you offer on your website. None of them show a twitter icon as advertised on the page, e.g. http://twitter.com/about/resources/buttons#follow

2 years 17 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

What do you see? What kind of site are you putting this into?

2 years 17 weeks ago
shrijyotistar

the text and no icon (as mentioned in my first post). It is supposed to look like the icon at the bottom of this page.

2 years 16 weeks ago
shrijyotistar

the web site is entirely simple html. Like if I add a PayPal button it appears without any problem but they don't use complex js, a simple link to an image is more reliable.

2 years 16 weeks ago
chrisdemetriad
@chrisdemetriad Cristian Demetriad

I am having the same problem and this is driving me crazy! WordPress platform, widget, it's a matter on Twitter's end, definitely not mine.

2 years 15 weeks ago
ramhat
@ramhat Ralph Ballance

If you are building the webpage on your local machine (your pc) and have not uploaded it to your web domain then the widgets will probably only display the text, once you've put the page online the widgets will show up ok. (this happens for me anyway) However not being able to preview the widgets positioning and end result is crap if you are a web designer.
Does anyone know a solution to this?

2 years 14 weeks ago
kurrik
@kurrik Arne Roomann-Kurrik

Run a local web server. The buttons should render if you access them via a http:// url.

2 years 14 weeks ago
ToolsJournal
@ToolsJournal ToolsJournal

I have this issue with firefox latest verison. Twitter share button alone does not display

1 year 46 weeks ago
wallewu
@wallewu Alicia

I have the same issue. "Tweet" and "Follow" "buttons" show as plain text in Firefox (vsn 8 and vsn 12). They display with icons as they should in Safari, IE9 and Chrome. Javascript is enabled in my FF browser and I am accessing the site from the web. Go to www dot pure gold granola dot com - in Firefox and see if it looks right to you. Let me know the results and what version of FF.
Anyone know how to fix this? PHP site. Generated the button on twitter site and copied/pasted code they gave me. Exact same code works in IE, Safari and Chrome; not in FF.

1 year 46 weeks ago
worldpeaceklock
@worldpeaceklock World Peace Clock

I too am having this same issue, but other twitter icons in my browser cache are still showing, so I think it's just not downloading the image for this new tweet code... the same code the OP pasted.

Also, when I click on the text-only tweet link, it takes me to the plain tweet page.

1 year 34 weeks ago
AceDating
@AceDating Ace Dating

Hello I recived this code from Twitter but my web site wont allow the script :( what can I do ?? here is the code I recived
Follow @AceDating
!function(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs");

Thanks in advance for any help :)

1 year 34 weeks ago
wallewu
@wallewu Alicia

For me, it turned out to be AVG (antivirus program); it has a "do not track" feature and it was blocking the twitter button. Once I unblocked it the icons showed up.

1 year 34 weeks ago
Stargurl8
@Stargurl8 Judarilyn

MY ICON WONT CHANGE PLEASE DO SO

1 year 10 weeks ago
sureshmoddumala
@sureshmoddumala suresh

it's fully working the above code................

20 weeks 6 days ago