Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again.

Braddok2070
@Braddok2070 Albert Hubetsov

WHAT IS IT?-Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again.

2 years 39 weeks ago

Replies

izAndrews
@izAndrews iz Andrew

Twitter: "We are working to fix this."

2 years 39 weeks ago
laercio_pereira
@laercio_pereira Laercio

Não estou conseguindo dar Follow em ninguem diz que para eu sair e entrar de novo você pode resolver isso

2 years 38 weeks ago
livinforchrist7
@livinforchrist7 Micah Orendain

Why can't this be fixed? it was still since yesterday, and i don't think it's "aggressive following" when i followback many followers on one day. And this rule "you can't follow 10,000 people if only 100 people follow you" is not applicable with me. I'm not even sending spam? What's the problem?

2 years 36 weeks ago
sxeHoneybeefly

"Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again." i am still having the same problem. please fix...

2 years 33 weeks ago
photo_journ
@photo_journ John Le Fevre

9 weeks, four days and counting. Pretty piss poor effort.

2 years 29 weeks ago
RPMp3
@RPMp3 360 x FluxRelativity

Any timetable on this? It is hugely annoying and seems like a simple fix.

2 years 39 weeks ago
janneke99
@janneke99 Janneke Nijenhuis

also have it for 2 days now, any news on when this is fixed?

2 years 38 weeks ago
ChomongcaiNET
@ChomongcaiNET Chợ Móng Cái

Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again.

2 years 38 weeks ago
lonnierobinson
@lonnierobinson Lonnie Robinson

Please fix this! Annoying!

2 years 38 weeks ago
JenniferKnoll
@JenniferKnoll Jennifer Knoll

when will this be fixed?

2 years 38 weeks ago
MainSales
@MainSales geschenken & meer

What is wrong! When will this fixed?
Regards Erik de Beer

2 years 38 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

What action are you trying to take when you are displayed this message?

2 years 38 weeks ago
blackredsoxfan
@blackredsoxfan Twan Staley

I'm trying to add someone add it keeps saying this message (Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try and log out again). It has done this in the past with other people so I know it is not because someone blocked me. I don't know what to do either.

2 years 38 weeks ago
blackredsoxfan
@blackredsoxfan Twan Staley

If you can please let me know when you have resolved this issue, that would be great.

2 years 38 weeks ago
pcncoupon
@pcncoupon Marki

i am also having this problem now..

pls fix this problem.

2 years 38 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Looking at some of your accounts, I'm betting that not all of you are hitting the original error that this message described. Instead, you may be hitting following ratio limits that are described in this document: https://support.twitter.com/articles/66885-i-can-t-follow-people-follow-limits

2 years 38 weeks ago
CodeRancher
@CodeRancher Lance Taylor

Your company's purchase of Tweetdeck allows me to keep up with more than 2000 Following.
Come on guys. Lame

2 years 37 weeks ago
glennhudson
@glennhudson Glenn D. Hudson

I haven't followed anyone in over a week, wen't to do so just now and got the aforementioned message again.

2 years 38 weeks ago
massivehealth
@massivehealth Massive Health

Seeing the same error. Any updates? "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again."

2 years 38 weeks ago
ewing2001
@ewing2001 ewing2001

this 'error' alert is ongoing for weeks, not days now : "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action"

2 years 38 weeks ago
MainSales
@MainSales geschenken & meer

Every account can follow 2,000 users total. Once you’ve followed 2,000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow. This number is different for each account and is based on your ratio of followers to following; this ratio is not published. Follow limits cannot be lifted by Twitter and everyone is subject to follow limits, even high profile and API accounts.

Dus de follow / follower ratio moet gelijker worden voordat we weer nieuwe kunnen volgen.

2 years 38 weeks ago
suthen
@suthen Christopher J Bush

There is an account i wish to follow (@userfocus) but keep getting the message "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again."

It only seems to affect this one account. Is this because i'm blocked by the user? or is it a bug? not very clear from the error message.

2 years 38 weeks ago
flavio_filipe
@flavio_filipe Flavio ✔

mine acc BUG to =( remove bug pls

2 years 38 weeks ago
MarlaBeard
@MarlaBeard Marla Beard

I tried to follow someone and got this message: "Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again."

I'm only following 37 people. I only added one on my list today. What's up?

2 years 38 weeks ago
MarlaBeard
@MarlaBeard Marla Beard

Oh, and BTW, I did log out and log back in. I also tried again much later.

2 years 38 weeks ago
flavio_filipe
@flavio_filipe Flavio ✔

mine no run =(

2 years 38 weeks ago
lenitsky
@lenitsky Andrey Lenitsky

))))

2 years 38 weeks ago
penwhale
@penwhale Chin-Yu (Henry) Chen

I got this message when I was attempting to follow a particular user with follow request.

No trouble when I sent request to another one, though.

2 years 38 weeks ago
iam_hisCOLE
@iam_hisCOLE |-nicole'sorandom.

i am having the exact same problems . i went to follow others late lastnight around 2am . but then of course ( you may not be allowed to perform this action . try logging out and in again . ] appeared and i've been thinking that i was probably in twitterjail .

but i just finished reading ( https://support.twitter.com/articles/66885-i-can-t-follow-people-follow-limits ] and realized i've been labled under TwitterFollowLimits . and won't be able to follow anymore until more followers begin to follow me .

this REALLY sucks . and i don't want to unfollow any of my followers . then if i start to do that then Twitter will suspend my account for doing that . what's the point of this TwitterFollowLimit anyways ?

ANYWAYS you guys should promote me to other users of Twitter . that way i can get out of this situation . asap . because it's so ANNOYING .

2 years 38 weeks ago
BrazilMedia
@BrazilMedia Mariana B Magness

Why do I keep getting this message today? I logged out and in but did not resolve the issue.

2 years 37 weeks ago
swagmuffins
@swagmuffins kevon tr

I'm getting this error. How come I can't follow other users? I submitted a ticket.

2 years 37 weeks ago
GraciVen
@GraciVen Graci

Follow @GraciVen

2 years 37 weeks ago
ECU
@ECU Edith Cowan Uni

I get the same error when I'm just trying to post a tweet using new Twitter. Switched back to old Twitter and that works. :(

2 years 37 weeks ago
sportmankayaker
@sportmankayaker Ben Williams

I find it very hard to believe that any account holder can follow only upto 2000 people and then there are celebrities like Steven Fry and Cali Lewis who follow over 65000 and 149000 people respectively. How can that be correct?

2 years 37 weeks ago
momsfocus
@momsfocus Rajee

Too annoying. You can take time to fix dear twitter developers but we are so happy to change it to old twitter. Old twitter is makes our life easier than new one.

2 years 37 weeks ago
OssakInfotech
@OssakInfotech Ossak Infotech

I also am getting this error Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again.

2 years 37 weeks ago
pradoshnag
@pradoshnag Pradosh Nag

I am having the same issue

2 years 36 weeks ago
bayer12
@bayer12 charles bayer

Have tried logging out then logging in a trillion times but nothing happens? Think we have a problemo twitter!

2 years 36 weeks ago
marfin50
@marfin50 Martin Findling

"Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again".
This problem is getting realy annoing. When will someone from Twitter be able to fix this. I have contacted Twitter last week by e-mail and got a response saying that they are aware of the problem and I don't have to contact them again as the problem will be fixed. Well, I am still waiting!!!!

2 years 36 weeks ago
Sengupta
@Sengupta Aditya Sengupta

I've been getting this for a while now when I try to tweet something. I do a Ctrl+F5 on the page to refresh by clearing the cache and I'm able to post a tweet or two before I get the same message. Repeat.

2 years 36 weeks ago
belovdsecretone
@belovdsecretone Suvy G.

, every user can follow 2000 people total. Once you’ve followed 2000 users, there are limits to the number of additional users you can follow: this limit is different for every user and is based on your ratio of followers to following. When you hit this limit, we’ll tell you by showing an error message in your browser. You’ll need to wait until you have more followers in order to follow more users—basically, you can't follow 10,000 people if only 100 people follow you. When you reach a daily or total limit and we show you an error message.. -- Twitterhelp

2 years 36 weeks ago
OssakInfotech
@OssakInfotech Ossak Infotech

But more than 400 users are following me so I think twitter should allow me to follow more than 2000 users.

2 years 36 weeks ago
galliumcf
@galliumcf John Duguid

I follow 4 users and cannot add any more as I get the same error message as Braddok2070. Twitter support useless and my last ticket #3879841 closed without a response! This seems to be a pervasive problem that Twitter can't seem to fix.

2 years 35 weeks ago
Keithincali
@Keithincali Keith

I tried replying to a tweet and I'm getting this same message. I also tried posting a picture and got this message.

2 years 35 weeks ago
THland
@THland THland

I'm getting the same message on two accounts while trying to send a picture, refreshing, logging in and out and different browsers yields the same results

2 years 34 weeks ago
travelholidayuk
@travelholidayuk Travel and Holidays

Get the same message when trying to create a list.

Am organising main tweeters we follow into categories so we know where to look for specific updates related to specific categories.

Have created 20 lists so far but require about 35 lists which is not that much at all. These are users we already follow. The support page mentions nothing about creating Lists in this regard.

2 years 34 weeks ago
MrsBieberSelena
@MrsBieberSelena Lisa Moon

Hi guys. I had the same problem today. If you are getting that message, then you need to log out for a few minutes then log back in. It worked for me :)

2 years 33 weeks ago
kcrusher
@kcrusher Keith Crusher

I'm experiencing this as well - on and off for the last few months. I happens randomly - when replying to a tweet, posting a tweet, etc.

I also have this annoying problem of not being able to favorite a tweet - the workaround is to open up the persons profile on a new tab and favorite it there, or click on their post and favorite it in the right panel. Annoying to say the least.

Signing out and back in doesn't help at all, though a hard refresh of the page usually fixes it.

2 years 33 weeks ago
Locke081
@Locke081 Locke081

I'm getting this often now just replying to a tweet or hitting favorite; I logout/login instantly and the error goes away ...for a little while.

So I'm wondering if my android app (tweetdeck up until recently; now plume) might be causing this, because I noticed when I didn't have a twitter app on my phone for a few days (flashing roms), the problem on the website seemed to disappear. I just thought the 'bug' was fixed. But then it came back. That could just be a coincidence, of course, but since I never get any such error on the android app, I'm not likely to test this theory. (I'll just tweet from my phone!)

2 years 33 weeks ago
SueGrayson
@SueGrayson Susan Grayson

When I tried to add a list, it warned me as this, Your account may not be allowed to perform this action. Try logging out and in again. What does it mean? Is there a bug?

2 years 33 weeks ago