This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits

alicanto_dev
@alicanto_dev alicanto_dev

Hi!

I am new to Twitter applications.

I created a twitter application, and got there the consumer key, secret as well as the access token itself.

I hardly have posts on my twitter, but when I try the following code: (I am using my application keys, and my own access tokens

1. ConfigurationBuilder cb = new ConfigurationBuilder();
  2. cb.setDebugEnabled(true).setOAuthConsumerKey(consumerKey).setOAuthConsumerSecret(consumerPassword).setOAuthAccessToken(authKey).setOAuthAccessTokenSecret(authKeySecret);
  3. TwitterFactory tf = new TwitterFactory(cb.build());
  4. Twitter twitter = tf.getInstance();
  5. StatusUpdate latestStatus = new StatusUpdate("test");
  6. Status status = null;
  7. try {
  8.    status = twitter.updateStatus(latestStatus);
  9. } catch (TwitterException e) {
  10. }

I get:

403: This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits (https://support.twitter.com/articles/15364-about-twitter-limits-update-api-dm-and-following).
error - Error creating status.

How could it be? am I missing something?

1 year 49 weeks ago

Replies

alicanto_dev
@alicanto_dev alicanto_dev

I saw that the problem was that I sent a URL.

Can't I send a url in the media?

Why do I need to upload file?

Thanks

1 year 49 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Hi Odelya,

The statuses/update_with_media method specifically only allows for uploaded file data that will end up hosted on pic.twitter.com -- it won't consume a URL that you provide and upload it for you unfortunately. You could alternately just use regular statuses/update and simply include a link to the URL of the file on the web, but it won't necessarily get the same visual treatment.

1 year 49 weeks ago
DutchSteak
@DutchSteak Dutch Steak

I've just got the same message...is it possible to tweet too much so that it starts rejecting your tweets? I was just testing my apps ability to tweet anything and now it's being rejected after only 2 :(

1 year 45 weeks ago
gIpadTest2012
@gIpadTest2012 iPad Test

My application has got the same error message when calling the API bellow:
Open Declaration RequestToken twitter4j.auth.OAuthSupport.getOAuthRequestToken(String callbackURL) throws TwitterException

Error message is
403:The request is understood, but it has been refused. An accompanying error message will explain why. This code is used when requests are being denied due to update limits (https://support.twitter.com/articles/15364-about-twitter-limits-update-api-dm-and-following).
TwitterException{exceptionCode=[10f5ada3-e574402b], statusCode=403, message=null, code=-1, retryAfter=-1, rateLimitStatus=null, version=3.0.3}

Could you tell me what I should do now?
Thanks

12 weeks 3 days ago
vincentisambart
@vincentisambart Vincent Isambart

api.twitter.com now required to use SSL.
Either update to twitter4j 3.0.5 or set useSSL to true in twitter4j.properties.

12 weeks 3 days ago
shailesh_v88
@shailesh_v88 Shailesh

Update your twitter4j jars with latest jars, you will get it from http://twitter4j.org/en/index.html
It works for me.

1 week 5 days ago