Duplicate Tweets

richloeber
@richloeber Rich Loeber

How long will a tweet be considered to be a duplicate? Originally, it appears it was for a 24 hour period. Has that time changed? Lengthened?

2 years 37 weeks ago

Replies

episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

We don't publish the exact conditions for duplicate status detection and they're subject to change over time. They aren't necessarily time-based but tweet-based instead, whereas no duplicates may exist in X amount of Tweets.

2 years 37 weeks ago
mangopietest
@mangopietest Steve Newstead Test

Well that's just saved me a little job of writing something to prevent just that happening, good work twitter people...

1 year 51 weeks ago
SaurabhSvit
@SaurabhSvit Saurabh Jangid

We have just moved to V1.1 for the API.
We are using POST statuses/update API to update the status - https://api.twitter.com/1.1/statuses/update.json?status="ABC" is the URL
While running our tests we found that, even though the status get updated correctly on twitter (manually verified that by going to the UI) , the API still returns me an error - Status is a duplicate (403 - Forbidden)
Is there a bug in the API or something wrong in the way, I am using it.

1 year 27 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Hi Saurabh,

I'm unable to reproduce at the moment with duplicative tweets. There are times when the system is under duress and the duplicate prevention may fail, but this should happen seldom. Is this a consistent issue for you?

1 year 27 weeks ago