my twitter account got hacked and hacker changed my associated email address.

Hilarious_Boy
@Hilarious_Boy →Hιlαяισυs TwєєTs™♥

Twitter is doing a horrible job of getting people's accounts back for them after they've been hacked. Is it not obvious that the hackers would CHANGE the email address on the account so that you may not gain access to it? I filed a report to twitter of my account @Hilarious_Dude being compromised. "MReyes" responded to my ticket in my email , and told me that the email address associated with the account is not the one I sent the ticket from. What are we supposed to do then, when our accounts are hacked, and the hackers change the address on it? Why can't you all help us? I'm disgusted at the way your loyal users are treated. Please have this process fixed as soon as possible.
twitter support should track location and ip address in my account.
i have all the proof about my account. but twitter support not helping me.
i have more then 415000+ followers. my account is very very big.
please help me twitter support

1 year 44 weeks ago

Replies

KrazyForInk
@KrazyForInk Bartholomew

My twitter profile @LilCutty_ got hacked at approx 12:30pm July 4th 2012. I got a email saying that my email address was being changed & to click the link if I didnt agree to do so. Once I clicked the link I wasn't able to sign into my twitter. My email & password was changed. The hacker then put a underscore behind my name & protected my tweets. I know @DrunkBarney hacked my twitter page because a tweet was sent from my page saying "Unfollow @LilCutty_ & Follow @DrunkBarney". I sent @Support a email. It's like they don't care. How can you NOT see that the email im mailing u from isnt the same email that was just changed? I had +70,000 followers when my twitter got hacked. Im still trying to get it back but im only 1 man fighting a war. I've tried to get verified being that I do music & im a major public figure but Twitter support is the worst. I've been a loyal user of Twitter since 2009. They have to do better.

1 year 40 weeks ago
ABoysThoughts
@ABoysThoughts A Boys Thoughts

anyluck ?

1 year 38 weeks ago
Hilarious_Boy
@Hilarious_Boy →Hιlαяισυs TwєєTs™♥

Wowww i got my acc @Hilarious_Dude back from twitter support after 1 month and 24 days. Love you twitter and twitter support team.

1 year 40 weeks ago
kqlick
@kqlick Qlick

How did you get the accounts back? who helped you? We cant get anyone to respond to us...

thanks

1 year 35 weeks ago
DiaryOnFemales
@DiaryOnFemales DiaryOnFemales!

I lost my account to a hacker on June 24th. Twitter emailed me saying that the email I gave them wasn't right. Well, of course it wasn't right! the hacker changed everything, email, twitcon, password, etc. The person who hacked me is @Itsepiczayn and my account he hacked is now @dailylovefacts ! please get me my account back.

1 year 40 weeks ago
ABoysThoughts

Join the club twitter is full of hackers i'm waiting on mine :/

1 year 39 weeks ago
mafer345
@mafer345 Mafer P.®™ ♔

sure ill join

1 year 35 weeks ago
DanielOwnsGaga
@DanielOwnsGaga Daniel Nicave

lucky for some

1 year 39 weeks ago
kqlick
@kqlick Qlick

We lost 3 accounts to hackers since May 2012: twitter has not helped us get hte accounts back.. (see comments about about the ilogical email issue) we have tried and tried to contact someone .. we worked hard (daily) on those accounts.. to lose them and get no help is tough to swallow. So finally ...I posted on twitter's FB wall a message.. I pasted their responses to me about the hacking (illogical as they are) and they blocked it as spam.. I sent them multiple messages. on Twitter.. no answer...

My question: what does social media mean to Twitter? Why would you not be the EXAMPLE of how this works?

If Twitter has any interest in helping us get our account back please contact us at this account. WE need to recoup those accounts.

1 year 35 weeks ago
ABoysThoughts

i got a reply of twitter human reply but then they said they couldn't verfify i was the owner of my own account when i added mobile phone number and i had my i.P address and i said i had screen shots of me owning the account :(

1 year 34 weeks ago
mafer345
@mafer345 Mafer P.®™ ♔

yes i know im starting to ask myself is twitter safe i dont think so they hacked my account and im so so sad about it and mad too do you agree me?

1 year 35 weeks ago
emilymosenson
@emilymosenson emily mosenson ✌

someone hacked my one direction twitter, 4/5 of 1D followed, but i still have the account connected on my phone but the person changed the email and pw so basically i cant change the username to what it was before , and i cant log on through my computer, also she has been using my account to hack other people's accounts, she hacked 2 peoples account using mine to recieve their passwords. and all i want is for her to stop, but for some reason twitter doesn't do anything about this type of issue. All i want is my account back and her to stop taking people's accounts, i need to contact twitter but since im on holiday i cant get on, ugh twitter fix yourself causr you suck

1 year 33 weeks ago
ST0Pexisting
@ST0Pexisting STOP EXISTING

My twitter account @TrendingU got hacked on 16th September 3:28 AM (Indian Time). I filled the details on this page - https://support.twitter.com/forms/hacked - immediately when I found out that my password and everything has been changed, I found out just 5 mins later I got hacked and in around 15 mins I gave the details on this page. I submitted the details 3-4 times as I wanted them to know exactly how I got hacked (it was through a spam mail). I haven't any reply from twitter even once since I complained. I had 88,000+ followers and that hacker is posting spam from my account and I'm losing followers day by day. The hacker has changed the name of my account to @CNN_UPDATES_2 (it was previously @TrendingU). The current account named @TrendingU on twitter is my backup account. I immediately took my username when the hacker changed it so that when I get my account back(hopefully) I will have my username. The hacker is probably @SapphireSexii , because only her tweets are being RTed from my hacker account since it got hacked. This @SapphireSexii has hacked at least 8 more users and all the accounts she hacks are named as @CNN_UPDATES_1 , 2, 3, 4 and so on. I guess I was the second person to get hacked by her as she changed my username o @CNN_UPDATES_2 . After a little research I found there are 3,4,5,6,7,8 in this series too. I want my account back anyhow please. I'm waiting for your email.

1 year 30 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

We can't help you with your accounts here. You need to contact Twitter @support through this process:

https://support.twitter.com/forms/hacked

1 year 30 weeks ago