recent images, where are the thumbnails?

SpecialFNK
@SpecialFNK ˢᵗᵘᵖᶦᵈ

for the last while when you're on a users twitter account and you click recent images, it only comes up one picture at a time. it used to have a bunch of thumbnails. I used to really like the thumbnails because you could only click on the pictures you want to see. now you have to go from picture to picture to picture to picture to picture to picture to picture to picture to picture to picture, and it's as annoying as reading how many times I wrote picture to picture.
it would be great if twitter could change this back to the way it was. I see no benefit to the way it changed to now.
I also know many users on twitter feel the same way,

1 year 38 weeks ago

Replies

Flashlightdorie
@Flashlightdorie Sir Odem Seveer Mgmt

@EugeneRea911. Think that is because of th pics not being considered as profile pics. I could be wrong but for military, any thing acting like Twitter must be security safe. Besides...anybody could happen on your personal photos, track you down & well, be a threat. We don't always have people respecting boundaries.

1 year 38 weeks ago
TicV67
@TicV67 John G

This is a bug that Twitter has still not acknowledged far less fixed.

Very annoying. Although not quite as annoying as Twitter ignoring this problem for this length of time.
I've seen a lot of Twitter users reduced to searching Google for answers to this problem.

1 year 38 weeks ago
Forthespacemen
@Forthespacemen Chelim Yrneh

Yes - like me too

1 year 36 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

This is not a bug so much as a current experiment. Twitter has never had galleries, but it was easy to interpret the grid view as being gallery-like. You may see a return to the grid-based views or other improvements in the future.

1 year 38 weeks ago
Sparta_Chris
@Sparta_Chris Sparta Chris

Experiment failed. Please put it back. Obviously your users prefer the old method of being able to view all the images in a grid like fashion rather than having to scroll through one at a time. The current method of viewing images is annoying.

1 year 37 weeks ago
nochsoeiner
@nochsoeiner nochsoeiner

+1

1 year 37 weeks ago
_helloworld
@_helloworld hello

+1

1 year 10 weeks ago
Forthespacemen

YES - totally agree. PLEASE BRING BACK THE PHOTO GRID VIEW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 year 36 weeks ago
Forthespacemen

PLEASE BRING BACK PHOTO GRI VIEW !!!!!!!!

(WHAT r u guys at Twitter THINKING about ?!?!?!?!)

1 year 36 weeks ago
hakyne
@hakyne hakim

+1 EXPERIMENT FAILED!!!!! ITS F ANNOYING #ALLCAPSRAGE

1 year 32 weeks ago
Karmen_990
@Karmen_990 Karmen D

I agree. Bring back the old method.
Also, I have this problem where I can't even see all my images, the first few just don't show which is also extremely annoying.

1 year 29 weeks ago
Gromble
@Gromble Chris Gonzales

What a terrible idea for an experiment. Why on earth would anyone want to navigate through hundreds of images, one at a time? Every photo site on the planet knows that would be stupid.

The even dumber thing is, the URL still displays like this:

https://twitter.com/#!/[user]/media/grid

Including 'grid' at the end of the address can only serve to confuse users. Way to go, guys.

1 year 35 weeks ago
SherylLeee
@SherylLeee Sheryl S.

An experiment? What's the hypothesis?

1 year 35 weeks ago
etacarinae1
@etacarinae1 Christopher Dobson

Yeah. Let's throw away known UX standards just for the hell of it! HA! Thumbnail galleries?? Who needs em? /s

Seriously, though. Bring them back, please?

1 year 33 weeks ago
andrekibbe
@andrekibbe Andre Kibbe

From Twitter's "About User Galleries" Help Center page (http://goo.gl/NGHoi):

"User galleries on Twitter aggregate the images you've uploaded in your Tweets into an organized page where you can view up to 100 of your most recent images."

Someone needs to tell the documentation department at Twitter that they've been interpreting the grid view the wrong way.

1 year 32 weeks ago
troydc23
@troydc23 Troy

complete and utter failure. have you gotten ANY positive feedback on this change? ANY? this is one of the reasons i rarely log into this joint anymore.

1 year 29 weeks ago
ServantOfPriss
@ServantOfPriss Marcelino Sotelo

Seriously, what the fuck. What was the hypothesis? That we were annoyed by the grid view? That we might think it was more user-friendly to browse image after image instead of being able to chose which image to browse? Well, if that's the case, I sure am glad you guys aren't nuclear scientists or something, because otherwise, I'm sure you guys would think we'd be more comfortable by having radiation getting to our houses or something.
Seriously, bring it back. Old users are annoyed by this and new users like me are astonished by this schlock.

1 year 5 weeks ago
TicV67
@TicV67 John G

An experiment that users are completely unaware of and were also given no warning of. Seriously?
Clearly, not every user is affected by this experiment otherwise you would be inundated with a lot more complaints and questions.
No-one mentioned 'galleries', btw.
What is missing are the 'view all' option and also the 'grid view' options in user images.

PS. You have just removed an important improvement and I would like my old, non-experimental, and genuine 'improvement' returned to my account. Thanks.

1 year 38 weeks ago
dailynchantment
@dailynchantment DailyEnchantment.com

Fully agree here, it's very annoying. I've been searching google as well trying to find an answer to this. People keep talking about this "view all" function that doesn't exist, I miss my galleries too. And our followers miss the gallery/grid view, whatever you want to call it as well.

1 year 38 weeks ago
TicV67
@TicV67 John G

Bump.

1 year 37 weeks ago
Sparta_Chris
@Sparta_Chris Sparta Chris

deleted- posted in the wrong area.

1 year 37 weeks ago
stupendu
@stupendu Annoying Customer

I definitely agree, please end the experiment / bring back the grid view!

1 year 37 weeks ago
JesseJackmanXXX
@JesseJackmanXXX Jesse Jackman

Absolutely, 100% agreed. Please put it back the way it was, or at least add an option to view the images in "grid view."

1 year 37 weeks ago
1OO4O4O4
@1OO4O4O4 포로로✩

Yes! Please bring it back fast, it was definitely more convenient and user-friendly for everyone. :(

1 year 37 weeks ago
LNSIII
@LNSIII Lonnie Shull

Please bring it back! This sucks. I don't want to click thru 50 images to see the one I want.

1 year 37 weeks ago
juanrga
@juanrga Juan Ramón González

I need an image now, but I could not find it without the grid. I could not perform a linear search on dozens and dozens of images when each image needs 20 seconds to load!

Please get back the grid, Thanks

1 year 37 weeks ago
Jaye101
@Jaye101 Jaye Clark

What was the point in taking it away in the first place? To make the site less convenient and easy to use?

1 year 37 weeks ago
ThomRutledge
@ThomRutledge Thom Rutledge

Just want to add my voice to support changing this back. For the way I use images in my account I need to be able to review all images from time to time to be sure I am not repeating images --- this way, the longer I am on Twitter, the longer it takes me to check this --- one at a time. Please & thank you to Mr. & Ms. Twitter.

1 year 37 weeks ago
mcooksta
@mcooksta Michael Cook

Give me back grid view please.

1 year 37 weeks ago
MaxHock
@MaxHock Maxime Hock

+1. I agree, much less user-friendly now.

1 year 37 weeks ago
kite_power
@kite_power Roland Schmehl

Please end the "experiment" and restore the most useful "grid view"!

1 year 37 weeks ago
R_evolution_GFX
@R_evolution_GFX R-evolution GFX

BRING GRID VIEW BACK! Why would anyone remove something that makes navigating so much easier? honestly... or at the very least bring back the thumbnails scroller above the main image...

Like someone already posted, waiting ages for every image to load to find just one image is ridiculously slow and annoying.

1 year 37 weeks ago
MightyJordan
@MightyJordan Jordan Hicks

I miss the grid view too! Please bring it back!

1 year 37 weeks ago
hasbullaah
@hasbullaah →‎ حسبو الله‎ Anggi

Absolutely right! Keep back!

1 year 37 weeks ago
LaDormeuseDuVal
@LaDormeuseDuVal Mellie

Same here, scrolling from picture to picture is so annoying! We need the grid view back!
I hate when Twitter changes things to make them worse!

1 year 36 weeks ago
CCCushing
@CCCushing Chris C. Cushing

Agreed about the grid option. I would venture to guess part of Twitter's continued growth in popularity was the ability to so easily view people's pic-tweets. Images are popular across all social media. :)

1 year 36 weeks ago
GingerPrince18

can't agree more, bring back the grid view!!

1 year 36 weeks ago
IanPitcher
@IanPitcher Ian Pitcher

+1 to bringing back the grid view - clicking through images one by one is a silly thing!

1 year 36 weeks ago
Taemin_Jaejun
@Taemin_Jaejun Taemin_Jaejun

too bored~~

1 year 36 weeks ago
dcoolcat88
@dcoolcat88 Young Dee C

yes please fix this problem no one wants to look at 100 pictures one at a time

1 year 36 weeks ago
eckdofraser
@eckdofraser Fletch

slightly off topic. joined twitter yesterday, uploaded a profile foto, changed it twice, expected to see the 2 previous fotos in the 'recent images' tab that all my friends have BUT i dont have that tab, it is not on my profile age, any suggestions.. i uploaded them from my laptop..

1 year 36 weeks ago
Biggie_077
@Biggie_077 Biggie

why did you remove the Grid View?

1 year 35 weeks ago
dostojevk
@dostojevk kartika gatipatria

yeah!

1 year 35 weeks ago
dostojevk
@dostojevk kartika gatipatria

how cruel!

1 year 35 weeks ago
KidRollingwood
@KidRollingwood Michael Smith

Ya this really sucks

1 year 35 weeks ago
dnkw
@dnkw Dan Wait

Please restore the grid view, it's infuriating to have to go through picture after picture to find the one you want.

1 year 35 weeks ago
Green_Gale
@Green_Gale James Race

Yeah I'd agree with the above, right pain in the a*se to flick through loads of pictures to get the one's wanted. Not that I'm sceptical or know anything about the workings of Twitter, but would it increase the number of hits / be better for Twitter rankings somehow?

Please Twitter bring back the grid function. (Pretty please if that helps!!!)

1 year 35 weeks ago
Gannon_Todd
@Gannon_Todd Todd Gannon

1 year 35 weeks ago
mylaaa
@mylaaa Myla

Yes! Please, please bring it back!

1 year 35 weeks ago
philfry
@philfry Phillip F

What a terrible, terrible idea.

1 year 35 weeks ago