Script running error

waytogori
@waytogori WaytogoRI.org

I am able to create and send tweet, however when I try to compose a tweet once in the @connect tab I receive a stop running script error message EVERY time. whether I choose YES to stop running script or NO to continue I still am unable to compose a tweet. Has this happened to anyone else? Where you able to reslove it?

1 year 37 weeks ago

Replies

EPWVLaw
@EPWVLaw Wild and Wonderful

Yes, about two weeks ago, I began having the same problem when trying to compose a tweet in the connect tab. Now, as of tonight, it has expanded to where I cannot compose a tweet at all without getting the script error. No matter if I choose 'yes' or 'no' it is freezing the page altogether. I've not been able to find anything on Twitter to address this problem. And, if you can't compose and send a tweet, you can't contact @support at all!

1 year 36 weeks ago
HoboRobot
@HoboRobot Kat the Hobo

Same here - VERY frustrating. Someone suggested I use TweetDeck - which has at least allowed me to send msgs and reply from there, providing I have the columns up; but toggling between regular Twitter home page where I can follow everyone, then switching back to TweetDeck in order to reply; plus then there's no CONVERSATION connection by having to do it this way. I'm at wit's end with this dam Twitter problem. I'm only relieved, as of today, that I am NOT alone and it's NOT just me with these issues.

1 year 30 weeks ago
HoboRobot
@HoboRobot Kat the Hobo

A twitter friend had to SEND me the link to this support page - I couldn't even get in here on my own - that's how bad it is now. Glad to know it's not MY computer, but definitely something wrong with Twitter; it's just too bad they're ignoring us. Doing nothing to fix this?

1 year 30 weeks ago
SoTCityCouncil
@SoTCityCouncil Stoke-on-Trent CC

Having the same problem. It started off being just in the @ connect tab but today it's started on every tweet I compose. Does anyone have a solution yet? It works fine at home on Safari and on the mobile browsers.

1 year 36 weeks ago
craftyhobbies
@craftyhobbies jane lock

yes im having exactly the same problem - what ever i type in the box its sayiong about script error - cant even log out .

1 year 36 weeks ago
DaleLarner
@DaleLarner Dale Larner

Same problem, can't tweet at all. Script errors started and would then allow to type a few days ago, but now just a series of script errors, freezing up the page and making life difficult. Win XP, IE 8.

1 year 36 weeks ago
iBalls_
@iBalls_ iBalls_

Having same problem. I've disabled scripting in internet explorer, rebooted machine, and still freezes when I try to type. Not sure what the problem is. Started after Twitter's last upgrade.

1 year 36 weeks ago
TalentsMomMLG
@TalentsMomMLG Coleen Johnson

Same thing happening to me over & over - very frustrating to have to close out and come back in every time!

1 year 33 weeks ago
Jack4Presidente
@Jack4Presidente PresidentJack

Did this not get fixed. I've been having this problem for months. Have cleared cache, internet settings, etc. Very very frustrating

1 year 33 weeks ago
DearEdnaShop
@DearEdnaShop Erin McIntosh

Try switching to a different browser. I had this problem with IE, but have had no issues since downloading Google Chrome.

1 year 31 weeks ago
The_Outback_Guy
@The_Outback_Guy Popcorn

Thank you very much! This suggestion worked. I find Google Chrome is also faster than IE.

1 year 30 weeks ago
jeaniebgd
@jeaniebgd jeaniebgd

I can't type more than 3-4 letters before I get the 'a script on page' message. I click 'yes' quit running the script, but message keeps coming back like a zombie! My computer is frozen between messages. If I click 'Ctrl-Alt-Delete', the Windows Task Manager says 'the program is not responding'. Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to download Google Chrome as I believe it's too invasive!!! Why can't Twitter fix the problem????!!! #OutsideLookingIn.... :((((

1 year 30 weeks ago
JoeSteelerFan
@JoeSteelerFan ♔peoples champion♔

SCRIPT ERROR on every input box. This is some serious BULL SHIT!

1 year 30 weeks ago
frank_davids
@frank_davids Frank Davidson

What Joe said.

1 year 29 weeks ago
forrestbooks
@forrestbooks ChristopherA Forrest

I agree!

1 year 29 weeks ago
CodyLatimerFan
@CodyLatimerFan Leta Latimer

Joe tell everyone that I can't tweet but I can see the messages due to this script error problem I keep getting...I miss my #SteelerNation family :(

1 year 28 weeks ago
CapitalMetroCA
@CapitalMetroCA Capital Metro

Same problem for me. The work around that I came up with is to use mobile.twitter.com from my PC. No script error.

1 year 30 weeks ago
HoboRobot
@HoboRobot Kat the Hobo

I have been having all these same problems for weeks now; glad I'm not alone! Today is the FIRST day I've even been able to reply on this support page.

1 year 30 weeks ago
CreamConeCoffee
@CreamConeCoffee Jennifer

I'm getting the same problem in Internet Explorer AND Firefox.

1 year 29 weeks ago
bekajbuckley
@bekajbuckley Beka Buckley

...yup! Me too. It's been going on for months intermittently, but has become truly impossible in the last week or two. Seems like it's been goingon for so long I don't remember when it didn't.

Am using IE8, via Win 7, 64-bit, (since spring 2011, and it was working fine 'til recently) and am loathe to switch to Chrome as when I last tried that it blew all my other preferences and settings out. Just didn't get on with Chrome and would far prefer to stick with IE. Have tried installing the latest IE9 for my system but it crashes mid-install despite my going through all the trouble-shooting tips it provides/suggests. It's a pain in the behind to say the least. I am also loathe to just update my entire system for one tool - you know?

I am also having some other issues with Twitter and am speaking with their support team to try to resolve both these. If/when I have answers, I will share... :)

1 year 29 weeks ago
frank_davids
@frank_davids Frank Davidson

Script Errors all the time here. Using XP32 and IE8 and no, I'm not changing O/S or browser

1 year 29 weeks ago
debschaffer
@debschaffer Deb Schaffer

Same issues here! Grrrrr. I manage (3) different accounts, and am so over this. I am unable to change O/S and browser. Please FIX THIS!

1 year 29 weeks ago
forrestbooks
@forrestbooks ChristopherA Forrest

I have the same problem. I get a script error after typing 9 characters EVERY SINGLE TIME I TRY TO USE TWITTER!!

I manage three accounts as well and this happens on each account. Please provide a fix/patch for users!

1 year 29 weeks ago
ecoconsumer
@ecoconsumer Tom Watson

Having the same problem described by others - always get script error now after typing about 9 characters. Please advise on when this will be fixed.

1 year 28 weeks ago
IonSource
@IonSource IonSource

I think it’s a method for twitter to throttle traffic. Work around, try composing in a word editor 1st then pasting.

1 year 28 weeks ago
DeeAnn53
@DeeAnn53 DeeAnn53

Ditto everything said above. Even going onto someone's page to post and it all freezes once that message pops up. Have to exit out of Twitter completely to stop it. Is there no solution to this while using IE?

1 year 28 weeks ago
isiempre1
@isiempre1 Ignacio

Same problem than people above. Since one week it´s imposible for me to tweet. It´s really exasperating. I use XP, Internet Explorer. Please fix !!!

1 year 28 weeks ago
BritishEBF
@BritishEBF British EBF

Same problem here. I've been trying to write a business related tweet for the last half an hour! So far I've managed 80 characters!
Is there anything we can do ourselves to tackle this problem?!

1 year 28 weeks ago
episod
@episod Taylor Singletary

Please keep in mind that this site is not a Twitter support site. We can't typically help you with site issues here. You should reach out to @Support at https://support.twitter.com/forms/general to let them know about bugs like this.

That said, I know our web team is working to resolve these IE issues. In the meantime your best mitigation would be to use a different browser.

1 year 28 weeks ago
JulieJSimmons
@JulieJSimmons Spirited-Pixie

There are several people just giving up on their Twitter accounts due this script issue!! This problem has been going on way too long - developers should quit upgrading so much & concentrate on maintaining what is already in place!!! Frankly if the scripts continue to make my life hell here I'm closing my account!

1 year 28 weeks ago
Jan_208
@Jan_208 Radiomaniac

This is getting on my FRIGGING NERVES!

After every single letter I type, I get this pesky message, and whether I click on yes or no, it makes no difference and it returns.

It takes so long to do a tweet, that I end up giving up, do it on my phone anyway or post it too late for the running of any conversation.

I've looked at solutions on the web and they a) don't work, b) tell me to change browser (I can't, it isn't my computer) or c) are far too complicated.

I now open two tabs, type my sentence in the posting 'box' of another forum I go on or on my e-mail account page, then copy it to Twitter - utterly ridiculous!

Glad to know I'm not alone though - this is really spoiling Twitter for me.

1 year 28 weeks ago
AlaninSoFlo
@AlaninSoFlo Alan

Same problem and seems to have gotten worse. I'm using IE and XP. If I uninstall the latest Adobe Flash Version 11(?), then Twitter works again. I shouldn't have to be doing that. Who the heck is looking at fixing this thing?

I don't want this to degenerate into a finger pointing exercise between Twitter and Adobe.

FIX THIS THING PEOPLE. LIKE, YESTERDAY.

And then freaking publicize the fact that you have and don't make users trawl through boards like this one looking for the fix like it's confidential.

1 year 28 weeks ago
sickbitch73
@sickbitch73 kelly

im having the same fucking problem,cant tweet everytime i try it comes up with SCRIPT IS RUNNING STOP SRIP FROM RUNNING and i choose yes and i still cant tweet and im so fucking annoyed. TWIITER GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER

1 year 28 weeks ago
tajv2005
@tajv2005 tajv

YES! I ALWAYS get script error messages when I try to tweet. I have to use twitlonger or copy-paste the tweet in place. I can type like 3-4 characters and then the PC freezes with script error messages. Then I have to restart or use cntrl+alt + del to get out of the site.
https://dev.twitter.com/discussions/9693#comment-form

1 year 28 weeks ago
tajv2005
@tajv2005 tajv

I see from the other posts I am not alone, it is not some hacker issue, it is a Twitter issue. Yes 9 characters is the limit; lately it is less than 9. I copy-paste my tweets or use twitlonger. It could well be a way for twitter to slow down traffic. So long as it is not spyware or keyloggers!!!!!!

1 year 28 weeks ago
Paul_Birney
@Paul_Birney Paul Birney

Guys, Microsoft have posted a fix for this ... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500
Unfortunately, the fix has not worked for me. Perhaps others will have success.

1 year 27 weeks ago
BryanSchubert
@BryanSchubert Bryan Schubert

I've had this problem on facebook as well, so I wouldn't say it's all twitter's fault.

1 year 27 weeks ago
RGrumpy
@RGrumpy Andrew c

The MS fix didn't work here either. Changing browser on a corporate estate isn't an option either. Come on Twitter, sort it. IE is still half your user base and probably around 80% of all corporate installations.

1 year 27 weeks ago
principessalayl

Yes, about two weeks ago, I began having the same problem when trying to compose a tweet in the connect tab. Now, as of tonight, it has expanded to where I cannot compose a tweet at all without getting the script error. No matter if I choose 'yes' or 'no' it is freezing the page altogether. I've not been able to find anything on Twitter to address this problem. And, if you can't compose and send a tweet, you can't contact
HELP ME

1 year 26 weeks ago
wayne_cp
@wayne_cp American Veteran

Same script error as everyone else (IE8) when composing a new tweet, even copying from notepad and pasting it doesn't work, to download another browser to tweet is not acceptable, as a note: firefox works, It appears to be a few issues with tweeting as noted in "Unreviewed Issues" This has been going on for a week or longer and its still "Unreviewed" ?

1 year 26 weeks ago
OLCC
@OLCC OLCC

Me too! It started a few weeks ago. Same script error as everyone else. It doesn't matter if I respond yes or no to stop running the script - it just freezes up and eventually shuts everything down. Where can we get more information about this? Are they working on a fix?

1 year 26 weeks ago
Karen___Holmes
@Karen___Holmes Karen Holmes

I did - System Restore - back to more than a month ago and it worked for me. Go back to before you had the problem, its still working now. Yes!

1 year 26 weeks ago
Conga1
@Conga1 @conga1

Thanks Karen. If your solution doesn't work, I'll go to Tweetdeck or Buffer.
P.S. Just used my Buffer extension on Firefox to send out Tweets.

1 year 25 weeks ago
Conga1
@Conga1 @conga1

Sorry, did not explain. Twitter is all messed up since yesterday. Got broken by the debate Twitter activity?? The whole web page is a mess.
EXAMPLE:
Tweet text

@

Image will appear as a link
Link will appear shortened Links will appear shortened 140Buffer
Direct messages
New message

You don't have any messages yet.

Direct messages are 140 characters, private, and can be sent to any user who follows you on Twitter.

Tip: you can send a message to anyone who follows you. Learn more
Direct messages › with

1 year 25 weeks ago
Conga1
@Conga1 @conga1

Just now, happily discovered through sending a Tweet from Tweet This button on CNN webpage, that I was able to get to my account and working Twitter webpages!
edit Fixed by Twitter or coincidence, website OK now.

1 year 25 weeks ago
Hamdanislam10
@Hamdanislam10 King Khan

I m recieving updates and messages in my mobile from twitter at least after 3 hours....:(
Please tell me something
What can i do ??

1 year 12 weeks ago
AndyA121
@AndyA121 Andy Anduer

I've had this problem since August..I couldn't even log in and I gave up until today, now I'm back in.I have been using firefox but maybe I will try using the Google Chrome corral.

1 year 10 weeks ago
gatorDennis
@gatorDennis Gator Dennis

Same post as on another T support

I have been dealing with support since June 6th. Just heard back - get IE10 before U get support. Well Vista only supports up to IE9. Or try different browser. I agree with comments here, Twitter should support IE on XP, Vista & not just Windows8. My problem started before June. A couple of times I received a message that Twitter stopped due to long running script that I could stop the script & Twitter restarted & worked. This rarely occurs, I mostly just hang up forever. I almost always have to type & retype & retype before the characters are entered into the Tweet box.

This is terrible support & a way to run a social newtork product. They expect corps to change 1000s of browsers.

40 weeks 16 hours ago