Most error codes are returned with a string with additional details. For all codes greater than 200, clients should wait before attempting another connection. See Connecting section, above.
Unauthorized. HTTP authentication failed due to either:
- a non-existent username or an incorrect password.
- too many incorrect password guesses or other login rate limiting.
Forbidden. User authenticated properly but is not in a required role for this resource; contact the API team for appropriate access.
Unknown. There is nothing at this URL, which means the resource does not exist.
Not Acceptable. One or more of the parameters are not suitable for the resource. The track parameter, for example, would throw this error if:
- The track keyword is too long or too short.
- The bounding box specified is invalid.
- No predicates defined for filtered resource, for example, neither track nor follow parameter defined.
- Follow userid cannot be read.
Too Long. A parameter list is too long. The track parameter, for example, would throw this error if:
- Too many track tokens specified for role; contact API team for increased access.
- Too many bounding boxes specified for role; contact API team for increased access.
- Too many follow userids specified for role; contact API team for increased access.
Range Unacceptable. Possible reasons are:
- Count parameter is not allowed in role.
- Count parameter value is too large.
Rate Limited. Possible reasons are:
- Too many login attempts in a short period of time.
- Running too many copies of the same application authenticating with the same account name.
Server Internal Error. You shouldn't see this error. If you do contact API team.
Service Overloaded. You shouldn't see this error on the streaming API. If you do contact API team.