These libraries, while not necessarily tested by Twitter, should support Twitter API v1.1.
Want your library to be included in this index or need to update the details we have? Submit your library for inclusion!
Libraries built and maintained by Twitter
- hbc — A Java HTTP client for consuming Twitter’s Streaming API
Libraries built for the Twitter Platform
- Temboo — by @temboo — Framework for working with Twitter via many platforms including iOS, Android, Java, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Node.js
- asptwitterby @timacheson — “the simplest possible way to implement Twitter within a classic ASP website” — now supports API v1.1
- twitcurlby @swatkatsrants — Twitcurl is a C++ twitter API library based on cURL. Twitcurl supports v1.1 twitter APIs and SSL.
- twitter-apiby @adamjwynne and @peat
- MonkehTweet Twitter APIby @coldfumonkeh
- LINQ2Twitter by @joemayo (examples)
- Spring.NET Social extension for Twitterby SpringSource — A Spring.NET Social extension with connection support and an API binding for Twitter.
- TweetSharpby @danielcrenna — A .net library for Twitter API access
- Tweetinvimaintained by Linvi — a Twitter .Net C# API which has for mission to simplify the development of application for Twitter in C#. The streaming API has been used on research projects and collected around 3.2 million tweets a day. The twitter API has been created to be easy to implement new functionality and currently provide access to most of the REST 1.1 functionalities. (documentationa>)
- Crafted,Twitter by @martbrow — A caching v1.1 API compatible solution - with implementations for both ASP.Net Web Forms and MVC. Making it easy to include tweets in your website.
- twittergoby @kurrik (examples) — a library for accessing Twitter’s REST API. Supports v1.1 and app-only auth.
- Anacondaby @chimeracoder — a simple, transparent Go package for accessing version 1.1 of the Twitter API. API queries are provided as methods returning native Go structs which can be used immediately, with no need for type assertions.
- Twitter4Jby @yusuke — a Twitter API library (Java platform > v1.4.2, Android and GAE ready)
- user-streamby @AivisSilins — a simple Node.js User streams client
- Twitter Facadeby @silverthorax — This library has been written for Corona SDK® developers who want to enable Twitter from their mobile app. Handles async handshake of authentication & authorization, token management, data encoding… everything is wrapped in a convenient ‘Facade’, enabling Corona developers to use the Twitter API by making simple Lua function calls. (examples) (examples)
- STTwitterby @nst021 — A lightweight Objective-C wrapper for Twitter REST API 1.1; supports app-only auth
- FHSTwitterEngineby @natesymer — A simple synchronous Objective-C Twitter engine.
- tmhOAuthby @themattharris (examples)
- twitteroauthby @abraham
- Twitter API: Engagement Programmingby @140dev — PHP Code examples from Adam Green’s book Twitter API: Engagement Programming.
- codebird-phpby @jublonet — a Twitter library in PHP. (documentation)
- CodeIgniter-Twitter-Search-Libraryby @elliottlan — Search for certain tweets using keywords specified in a mysql database using the search api, streaming api or both at the same time. Written in php for codeigniter
- Zend Framework 1.12.2maintained by @zend — a PHP framework that includes support for Twitter API v1.1
- freebird-phpmaintained by @corbanb — a app-only auth interface for PHP
- PHP OAuth APImaintained by @manuellemos — This is a PHP class that can implements OAuth authorization and call APIs with OAuth tokens. It also supports two-legged auth. (documentation) (examples)
- Twitter-API-PHPmaintained by @j7mbo — A very simple and actively maintained wrapper for the Twitter v1.1 REST API that utilises cURL for authenticated requests. Single file include, only a few methods to call - “as simple as you can get.” (examples)
- TwitterOAuthby @Ricard0Per — a simple PHP library for API v1.1
- tweepymaintained by @applepie & more — a Python wrapper for the Twitter API (documentation) (examples)
- python-twittermaintained by @bear — this library provides a pure Python interface for the Twitter API (documentation)
- TweetPonyby @Mezgrman — A Python library aimed at simplicity and flexibility.
- Python Twitter Toolsby @sixohsix — An extensive Python library for interfacing to the Twitter REST and streaming APIs (v1.0 and v1.1). Also features a command line Twitter client. Supports Python 2.6, 2.7, and 3.3+. (documentation)
- twitter-gobjectby @tchx84 — Allows you to access Twitter’s 1.1 REST API via a set of GObject based objects for easy integration with your GLib2 based code. (examples)
- TwitterSearchby @crw_koepp — Python-based interface to the 1.1 Search API.
- twythonby @ryanmcgrath — Actively maintained, pure Python wrapper for the Twitter API. Supports both normal and streaming Twitter APIs. Supports all v1.1 endpoints, including dynamic functions so users can make use of endpoints not yet in the library. (docs)
- TwitterAPIby @boxnumber03 — A REST and Streaming API wrapper that supports python 2.x and python 3.x, TwitterAPI also includes iterators for both API’s that are useful for processing streaming results as well as paged results.
- Birdyby @sect2k — “a super awesome Twitter API client for Python”
- Twittermaintained by @sferik — A Ruby interface to the Twitter API (docs, examples).
- Twitter Consoleby @twoism — a command line console for interacting with the Twitter API. Built on top of the Twitter gem.
- TweetStreamby @anno & @mbleigh — A Ruby library for interacting with all of Twitter’s Streaming APIs including User Streams and Site Streams
Libraries built for HTTP with OAuth that should also work with Twitter
API v1.1 requires stricter observance of HTTP 1.1 and OAuth 1.0A. Most libraries that already supported HTTP 1.1 and OAuth 1.0A should work without issue with API v1.1, provided that the library allows you to explicitly declare the URLs you’re executing. Libraries providing an ORM or other abstract interface to the API may require additional modification to work with API v1.1.
- libOAuthby Robin Gareus — a collection of POSIX-C functions implementing OAuth
- DotNetOpenAuthby Andrew Arnott — an OpenID, OAuth and InfoCard library
- hammock2 by @danielcrenna — an HTTP API client supporting OAuth authentication.
- Spring.NET Socialby @SpringForNet — Spring.NET REST Client extension supporting OAuth authentication (docs) (examples)
- Erlang-OAuthby Tim Fletcher — an OAuth implementation
- Scribeby @fernandezpablo — an OAuth library
- noauthby @B2arN — a node.js library for OAuth 1.0A
- o2by Akos Polster and Mandeep Sandhu — This library encapsulates the OAuth 1.0 and 2.0 client authentication flows, and the sending of authenticated HTTP requests. It supports OAuth 1.0 , 2.0 and Twitter XAuth. It also has some handy specializations for working with Facebook, Dropbox, Flickr, Skydrive and Google fusion tables.
- sqlsharpby @sqlsharp — a SQLCLR-based library of Functions and Stored Procedures, several of which are direct links to the Twitter API. SQL# works with only Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and newer.
- VBScriptOAuthby @sdesapio — a library to perform OAuth in VBScript, including examples of Twitter.
Inclusion in the Twitter Libraries is not an endorsement or recommendation of those organizations by Twitter. In addition, such inclusion is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those organizations endorse or have any affiliation with Twitter.